Friday, December 21, 2007

The Storm

I know, I need a better title, but I'll think of one later. This poem isn't my favorite, but I wanted to experiment with this idea and with a different measure pattern. The last three words are supposed to be on a slant so that it looks like the words are falling, but this won't let me do that for whatever reason. So it doesn't look the way it should either, but I still want criticism!!!!! Please!!!!!!!

The calm after the storm

Never comes when needed

Always waits for damage to ensue


The roar of thunder

Pounds through all the chaos

Never leaving a moments peace


Skies darken with anger

Rain pours o'er land and sea

And there's no room left for sunlight


Trees bend to the winds

Waves crash out of control

There is not fighting this nightmare


For it will keep howling

It will beat on you

And won't stop 'till it's satisfied


It does not know mercy

It does not care for pleas

But it knows just how to break you


So we endure the pain

As we tremble and wait

For the calm

after

the

storm

No comments: