Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Non-Stereotypical Rant

So, ok, I haven't posted anything in a really long time. I barely touch this place, and I'm not one to simply leave something stagnant when I run out of ideas. I've also just realized that a great deal of my poetry is awful (except for one that I just recently finished). So, there's no point in waiting around for the next bright idea to pop into my head. I may as well use this for intelligent ranting as well like some other bloggers (I'm not into the unitelligible ranting that most bloggers are into lately). So, yes, this is my great enlightenment for the day, not that it's going to matter since, as far as I can see, no one reads this thing anyway :P Oh well, I guess it's also just fun to be able to tell someone "Hey, I have a blog!", and they give you the most terrible look as if now you're the stereotypical depressed blogger who rants about how aweful their life is :D Oh, and here's my recently finished poem/lyric that is NOT a piece of crap...

Tell me this isn't over
Too much has been done
For this to be a phase
Just one of those
Passing games

Tell me there is no end
For I fear the risk
Of becoming one of those fools
Who lets sweet moments as these
Come to only memory

For here we've become princes
No longer society's paupers
Free to our mind's content
Free to heart's desire

Tell me this will live
As a journey we'll embark together
That this will not die in memory
But grow in our history
As we grow closer still

For here we are friends
Not convenient acquaintances
Forever to grow
Forever to love

Through tears, through smiles
Through anger, through laughs
Through joy, through silence
We've stayed, we've loved

Tell me this isn't over
Tell me there is no end
Tell me this will live
Tell me this is home

I still haven't figured out a title for this one, but let me give you some background information on it. I was invited to studdy at Cambridge University (in England) for a month this summer, and I made some really close friends on that trip. I also really changed as a person, or, really, I became more comfortable with myself. It was the most "me" I had felt in a really long time, and I didn't want to leave the people who had made helped me reach this stage in my self exploration. They were also just really awesome kids who I wanted to take home with me and continue to do rediculous things with :D

No comments: